Do you know fried rice can be made very healthy too? The answer is yes - homemade fried rice. Today my husband told me that he was craving fried rice but didn’t want to eat at the restaurant because it’s so greasy and packed with MSG. After he mentioned it, I started craving it too so I decided to make some at home.
If you have already cooked rice, this dish will take 15 - 20 minutes to make at most. When you make fried rice, make sure not to cook the rice too soft or runny. I used Indian Basmati rice to make this meal because it is naturally grainy. It was delicious and my husband and I finally fulfilled our craving.
· 2 bowls of rice (cooked)
· 8 prawns
· 2 eggs
· 1 carrot
· Half cup of peas
· 1 asparagus
· 2 small Chinese sausages
· 2 tbsp chopped green onion
· ½ tsp salt
· About half tsp white pepper powder
· 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut the prawns down the center of the back and take out the vein. Blanche prawns in the boiling water for 1 minutes until they turn pink. Transfer to a plate.
2. Dice the carrots and sausages. Slice asparagus into small slices. Blanche peas and asparagus in boiling water, and then use a large pasta scoop or a skimmer to take everything out. Transfer to a plate.
3. Beat the eggs evenly in a bowl.
4. In a nonstick medium saucepan or a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook for about 1 minute. Once the egg is ready, add carrots, peas, sausage and asparagus. Stir for about 1 minute, and then add the rice, prawns and chopped green onion. Keep stirring everything for about 1 minute. Add salt and white pepper powder. Mix everything evenly.