I got a request to make a Cucumber Salad from a friend of mine. She told me that she had a Cucumber Salad at a Chinese restaurant and it was so delicious. The only thing that she didn’t like was that the MSG was too salty and made her thirsty afterwards. So she asked me if I knew how to make this dish and she wanted to learn how to make this dish at home.
This salad is very easy to make. There are just a few simple ingredients but it is so delicious, every time I always regret not making enough of it.
· 6 mini cucumber
· 3-quarter tsp salt
· ½ tsp olive oil
· 1 tbsp chopped green onion
· 1 tbsp minced garlic
· 2 chopped red chili pepper
· 1 tsp sesame oil
· 1 tsp prickly ash oil
· Half tsp ground prickly ash
1. Peel the skin off the mini cucumbers and slice into half inch slices. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Add salt and olive oil to the cucumber and mix evenly, let it marinate for 5 minutes.
3. Add minced garlic, chopped red chili pepper, sesame oil, prickly ash oil and ground prickly ash into the salad and mix evenly. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy!