This dish cannot be any easier! I made it in 10 minutes. This is the first time I made this dish. I was just trying to create a new taste by combining Western ingredients and cooking styles with Chinese ingredients and styles. This salad is unbelievably delicious so I can’t wait to share it with you and encourage you to make this dish at home!
· 10 oz Broccolini
I used Sesame Dressing, which I bought from a local grocery store. It is a very common staple at Asian grocery stores if you can't find it at a local store. This salad is a perfect appetizer for your meal and it’s great for parties. It can be kept in a room temperature for a couple of hours and it’s very easy to make.
· 1 tsp olive oil
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tbsp chopped garlic
· 1 tbsp chopped green onion
· 2 chopped red chili peppers
· 4 tbsp Sesame Dressing
· 1 tbsp fresh water
· 1 tsp cilantro
1. Bring half a medium pot of water to a boil. Add oil and salt to the water - this will help to keep the broccolini green.
2. Blanche the broccolinis in the boiling water for 1 - 2 minutes. Don't cook it for too long or the stalks will get soft and limp. Transfer broccolini to a plate, let cool.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and pour on top of the broccolinis. Now enjoy your delicious Broccolini Salad.