In my last recipe - Chinese Braised Beef, I mentioned that it is great for noodles and very easy to make. Once you get the Chinese Braised Beef done, just a few simple steps is all you need to enjoy this super delicious and authentic Chinese noodle dish. This dish is very popular all over Asia and even in North America you can order it at a lot of Chinese restaurants. This dish is very healthy and it doesn't require a lot of sauce for the soup base because the Chinese Braised Beef is already flavourful and has its own soup. When you make this dish at home it's very convenient and you know there is no MSG added. The Chinese Braised Beef takes 2 - 3 hours to cook so you can enjoy the beef with rice on the first day and enjoy these noodles the next day.
- 6 oz noodles (dry or fresh noodles)
- 2 - 3 cups of Chinese Braised Beef with soup/sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 oz pea sprouts
- You should have the Chinese Braised Beef cooked before making this noodles.
- Bring half pot of water to boil. While the water is boiling, take a small non-stick pan and heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in medium-high heat. Add the egg to the pan and turn off the heat. The egg will cook sunny side up by itself.
- When the water is boiled add noodles. In about 4 minutes add 1 cup of cold water (this way the noodles won't be too soft). When the water is boiling again that means the noodles are ready.
- In a serving bowl, add fresh pea sprouts. Transfer the noodles into the bowl and add the Chinese Braised Beef with soup/sauce. The soup should cover the noodles.
- Transfer the egg on top of the noodles. Lastly, garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy!