I love making fried rice because I can use my imagination and be as creative as I want by combining my favourite vegetables and meat with rice. When I was a kid I was a picky eater, my mom always had to make fried rice for me so I could eat a more balanced and nutritious meal. Homemade fried rice is healthy, simple and quick. I used Thai rice that I cooked the rice a day before so the rice was not so soft or runny. Indian Basmati rice should be pretty good for making fried rice too. Make sure not to cook the rice too soft or runny when you make fried rice. This Tomato and Pork Fried Rice takes about 30 minutes to make, and it's very delicious. The rice absorbs sweetness from tomato and bell pepper and balances perfectly with the pork and egg. You can also add some tomato sauce if you like a sweeter taste. I served this fried rice along with a side of Mini Cucumber Salad and Three Mushroom and Pork Soup for a delicious and refreshing meal!
- 2 bowls of cooked rice
- Half tsp salt
- Half tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz ground pork
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- Half cup diced bell pepper
- Half cup diced white onion
- 10 small tomatoes
- 2 asparagus
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (optional)
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add a little bit of salt and white pepper powder. Beat the eggs in the bowl.
- Dice the asparagus, cut the tomatos in halves.
- In a nonstick medium saucepan or a wok, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the egg to cook. Stir the egg gently for a minute, and then add asparagus, bell pepper and white onion. Keep stirring everything for about 2 - 3 minutes. When the white onion is tender then add tomatos. Stir everything evenly for about a minute and then add the pork. After about 2 - 3 minutes, when the pork is not longer pink, add green onion and rice. Stir everything evenly, make sure the rice is mixed with all the ingredients. Add half tsp salt and half tsp white pepper powder, mix everything evenly. Transfer everything to serving plates. Enjoy!