It's summer time! I wanted to post more summer dishes to enjoy during summer. Most of you may have seen my previous recipe for Honey Raisin Baked Chicken Wings. This recipe is similar to Honey Raisin Baked Chicken Wings and it's great for BBQ. Once you marinate the wings you can either keep them in the fridge and they will be ready to BBQ the next day, or you can put them in a bag and keep them in the freezer and take out whenever you are ready to grill them. I used a little bit of dried chili flakes in this recipe, however it's up to your personal taste. They will still taste delicious!
In my video, I used a Chinese marinade sauce which is very common at any Chinese supermarket or in Chinatown. If you can't find this type of sauce where you are, you can just use 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp seasoning sauce instead. I made this video at the end of the July and I actually baked these wings in my video because we had a really rainy summer in Vancouver this year but I guarantee that this recipe is great for BBQ. I made these wings for a house party last summer and everybody loved them!
- 1.5 lb chicken wings
- Half tsp salt and 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Half tsp dried red chili flakes
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- Half tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese marinade sauce (or 1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp seasoning sauce)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix everything by hand evenly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and keep in the fridge overnight or in the freezer until you are ready to BBQ/bake.
- When you are ready to bake, transfer everything to a baking pan and then oven. Bake uncovered, to make the chicken wings even more crispy.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees celsius and bake for 20 minutes. Flip all the wings over and bake for another 15 minutes. Transfer the wings to a serving plate and enjoy!