I'm so happy that my favourite vegetable - Chinese long beans - are in season right now. Unlike my previous recipe (Sautéed Chinese Long Beans with Ginger and Garlic) which was Cantonese style, this Long Bean Salad recipe is Szechuan style f you like Szechuan Cuisine or spicy food you will love this dish. This dish is easy to make and is so delicious especially when served with something light or some congee. When I made Lobster Congee for dinner last night, I also made this salad and it was the perfect combination for a tasty and
tutorials coming up as I post future recipes. Please stay tuned.
- 12 oz Chinese long beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp roasted sesame
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- Half tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn
- Half tsp homemade Sichuan peppercorn oil
- 1 tbsp homemade chili oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the Chinese long beans approximately an inch and a half long.
- Chinese long beans green. Add the Chinese long beans to the boiling water and boil them for 2 minutes. Transfer to a colander, rinse with cold water and drain. Add 1 tsp olive oil to the Chinese long beans, and then mix evenly. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Chinese long beans and all the dressing ingredients. Mix it evenly. Serve garnished with chopped green onion on the top.