When you talk about Chinese food, you must think about fried rice too. I love to make fried rice, because it's simple, easy, and very kids friendly. Two of my daughters are very picky eaters, they will never eat carrots if you just steam them. When I make fried rice, I dice the carrots (and other vegetables that they are usually picky about) and fry with the rice. My kids will eat everything without even realize there are vegetables too. This dish is very simple easy and quick to make. Make sure to cook the rice ahead of the time, you can even make it a day before.
- 3 Bowl of cooked rice
- 2 - 3 Sausage (diced)
- Half cup of diced onion
- 1/3 Cup of corns
- 1/3 Cup of sweet peas
- 2 - 3 Eggs
- 2 Asparagus (diced)
- 1/2 Cup of finely chopped green onion
- 1 - 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- A little salt and crushed pepper
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Break the eggs in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and then beat the eggs.
- In a large wok, add one and half tbsp cooking oil (I'm using grape seed oil) over medium high heat. When the oil is heat up, add the egg. Scramble and cook the egg for about 2 - 3 minutes, add the diced onion and sausage. Stir everything for about 2 - 3 minutes, until the onion is tender, add the rice. Stir and press the rice and make sure the rice is totally lose, about 3 - 4 minutes. And then add corns, peas, diced carrots and diced asparagus. Mix everything evenly and make sure to cook everything through. Keep stirring everything for about 4 minutes, add the finely chopped green onion. Fry everything for about 2 minutes, add half tsp white pepper powder and half tbsp soy sauce (or by taste). Mix everything evenly, and then transfer the rice to bowls or serving plates.
- Lastly, you may garnish with a little bit fresh herbs and enjoy!