Frist of all, I have to apologize for not updating my blog for a while. I have been making a lot of videos, most of them are for my old recipes as I'm trying to update all my recipes with video tutorials. I made this Steamed Tiger Prawns with Garlic a while ago, after that I also made this dish with normal prawns and it was just as delicious as the frist time with tiger prawns. This dish is simple, easy and healthy. The total cooking time is about 20 minutes. Although it's a seafood dish it tastes very fine and clean. Spotted prawn season will be coming soon so I know I'm going to make this dish again and again.
- 10 tiger prawns
- 3 tbsp ground garlic
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp sugar
- A quarter tsp salt
- Half tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp cooking wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Clean and devein all the prawns. Keep the shell on. Use a knife, cut the prawn from centre of the back. Make sure not to cut it through - this is for the filling.
- Making the garlic filling: In a small bowl add ground garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, pepper powder, cooking wine and soy sauce. Mix everything evenly.
- Fill up all the prawns (to the cut on the prawn's back) with the garlic filling, and place them to a plate.
- Transfer the prawns to a steamer, and steam for about 10 minutes (8 minutes for normal prawns).
- Heat up about 3 tbsp cooking oil and then pour the oil on top of the prawns. This is optional you can avoid this step if you like. However the oil will make the prawns taste even juicier and it kills the fishy taste of seafood.
- Lastly, garnish with some finely chopped green onion. Now enjoy!