Hello my dear friends,
After a two-year break, I'm back again! Now I'm a mother of two beautiful little girls! My second daughter was born last January, her name is Aveline. Although I'm very busy with my two young kids at home I still very much enjoy cooking and creating new recipes. I recently partnered with Pastas Gallo, a pasta company based in Spain. Basically I make pasta cooking videos in Mandarin speaking. However all my videos have English subtitle and I will post the recipe on my blog as well. I'm also making more new Chinese recipe videos in English as well, so stay tuned, more recipes to come!
This Prawn and Beef Pasta recipe is inspired by a Chinese fried noodle recipe. The whole cooking time is about 20 minutes, it's very easy to make and absolutely delicious! I personally don't like very creamy rich pastas, so this recipe is perfect for people like me who like lighter taste.
- Pasta (150g)
- Tomato asta sauce (2 tablespoon)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoon)
- Ground Garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped onion (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped red bell pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Finely chopped green onion (1 tablespoon)
- 6 cooked prawns
- Ground meat (beef) (50g)
- Parsley by taste
- Salt by taste
- Bring abundant water to boil in a large pot and add salt (as a general rule 1 litre of water and 10 grams of salt can be used to cook 100 grams of pasta). When water is boiling add pasta to water. Stir a couple of times to avoid pasta sticking to the pot or to each other. Cook pasta for 8 minutes and then drain. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pasta and then mix evenly.
- Take a large sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Then add ground garlic, chopped onion, red bell pepper and green onion. Stir fry everything for about 2 minutes, until the onion is tender, add ground beef. Keep stirring everything for about 4 minute, add the pasta sauce. Stir everything for about a minute, add prawns. Stirring everything for about 1 - 2 minutes, until all the beef cooked, add pasta. Stir everything quickly, make sure the pasta in covered with all the sauce and ingredients. Transfer the pasta to a serving plate. Now enjoy!